Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Gleaning Kinglet


Last year when I first sighted the yellow-bellied sapsucker poking holes to get the saps from the trees, I notice a little bird  feeding on the same hole after the sapsucker left. This year I know what that bird was. Today I got the chance to take its picture. It was the the ruby-crowned kinglet.

See this kinglet gleaning the left overs of the sapsucker kind of reminded me of the story of Ruth. Ruth would spend her days gleaning the field after they were harvested. Boaz would leave some of the harvest behind to help out Ruth and her mother-in-law Naomi.  They benefited from the generosity of Boaz.

As this kinglet benefited from the sapsucker we can also benefit from the blessings of God. What can we glean today from God?

No comments:

Post a Comment