Monday, March 4, 2013

Looking For An Handout

Today as I headed  to work I made my stop by the pond in Bel Air. As I pulled into the parking space the seagulls surround my car looking for a handout. I did not have anything.

A few minutes later a pickup pulled in and all the seagulls flew to his truck. I watch this happen every time I visit the pond. The seagulls make their rounds looking for anyone who is willing to hand out food to them.

We all know people like that. What we don't know is why they are that way. What circumstances in life made they feel that the only way to get anything is receiving hand out.

I find myself praying for these people. There are many times that I have received handouts. Circumstances in my life made it a necessity. I don't think of myself as a beggar. Yet God has put me in situations that calls for me to ask for the things needed.

So when someone comes to me asking for a handout I try my best to help. Because I do not always know what they are going through. But God does. It is the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment