Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fearless Fox

First thing this morning I set off to getting back into the routine of walking again. As I got out of my car and made my way to the path someone pointed out a fox nearby. Boy was I excited about getting some pictures since I have not seen the fox all summer long.

This fox seemed to be fearless. As I was taking the pictures many other people were walking by and the fox kept his ground searching for food. Even when there were dogs walking by the fox showed no fear. As I got closer he even sat down to check me out. It wasn't until a dog started barking that he finally went into the bushes.

This is very unnatural. A fox should not be comfortable around people. Yet here he was excepting of us as though it was normal.

Many of the creatures here at the Mariner have come to except the coming and going of people. I think one of the reason is that most of these people respect these animals and keep their distant. Even I have the sense not to press my luck.

Even though the fox acted fearless, he had the sense to hide when danger got just a little to close for comfort. But I am glad he let me get close enough to get my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment