Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Great Pumpkin

One of my favorite cartoon this time of the season is "It's The  Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". It takes me back to my childhood and the innocence of my youth. Life seemed so easy than.

I can relate to each of the characters in this Halloween special. My favorite is Snoopy. I never get tire of all the adventures he gets involved with. He lives in his own little world of a vivid imagination.

There are many times I would love to escape into my own little world. Life can get so hard and complicated. I long for the simple times when all I was responsible for was cleaning my room.

Life is not so simple anymore. But I am alright with that. Like Linus who has complete faith that the Great Pumpkin would arrive, I have faith that God who is greater than the Great Pumpkin or anyone else will arrive to guide me.

The Great Pumpkin, the Easter bunny and Santa Claus are all stories and not real. I am glad that God is real and not just a story for a season. He is the Story for all seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment