Friday, October 24, 2014

The Treasure Box

When I got to be part of this pass year Fourth of July parade, I made the treasure box to put on the float. I gathered up little trinkets, costume jewelry and an old chest. With a little bit of hot glue, I created this decoration.

This got me to thinking. What would I put into a real treasure box? If I could gather up what I hold dear to my heart, what would it look like?

I would like to think that it would be overflowing with precious memories of all the good things in my life. With each trinket a story of bravery, sacrifice or love would be attached.

But my life has been a simple one. My treasure box is full of costume jewelry and old picture frames that are worthless to others. Yet, I do hold dear the memories that they hold for me.

My treasure box is priceless to me. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment