Sunday, October 12, 2014

Had To Go For It

Today I decided to go for a ride. It has been too long being trapped inside recovering from surgery. The sky was blue, temperature just right and I was feeling pretty good, so I had to go for it. Just like this hawk taking off to catch his prey, I took off to get some pictures.

He was just one of the many pictures I took today. The first stop was the marsh where my swans live. They were there along with some wood ducks, geese and turtles.

The next stop was the pond by the hotel. I usually look for the resident wood duck. But he was not there. This time I got to get close to an egret, a few mallards and more geese.

 The third stop lead me to the industrial pond with the three fountains. There I got this hawk, a grebe and of course geese.

After my meeting with the writer's group I made my last stop at the Mariner. It was nice walking around there again. It was like visiting an old friend. Birds were everywhere along with the squirrels and the sound of whole ganders of geese.

I had to go for it, and it turned out to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment