Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Dozen Ducks


Count them. There are a dozen ducks. But, I wonder how many babies will make it through their first year. The chances are that over half will not. The odds are stack against them.

Many times in life, I feel like the odds are stacked against me. For every steps that I make, I get knocked back twice as much. As I lay on the ground, it becomes clear that I need help to get beyond the first step.

When I cry out to God, He reaches down and pulls me up. He does more than that. He open the path for me to go forward without drowning. God leads me from rough waters to calm streams.

I did go the next day to check on the ducks. As I feared, one was gone. I watched them on a log for a while. One baby jumped into the water and got a good distant away from the other. The mother finally got into the water and got the adventurous one back on the log.

For another day, this baby was safe. I pray that they all make it. I pray that we all make it in life. Even with all that are stacked against us, we have a God who cares. He does lead us to still waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment