Sunday, July 17, 2016

Fawn Sighting


Today I got to go to one of my favorite places without my grandson. While I love spending time with him, he can be very noisy when I am trying to catch a shot of nature. I love to take my time walking around, or standing very still and listening for any sounds of life.

I must have spent at least two hours at Harford Glen without much to show for my time. I walked my usual paths and visited all my favorite spots. All seemed quiet. So I left to grab something to eat.

I got my meal and headed back. Sitting in the car, I decided to try a new path. So, off I went. There were birds everywhere. I tried my best to get off some good shots. But, they were just too fast. As I turned to head back to the water edge, I was startled by a movement in the bush.

There stood the cutest fawn I had ever seen. I startled him just as much as he scared me. For several minutes we just stared at each other. Of course, I was snapping away on my camera the whole time. He finally figured I must not be a threat and headed back into the bush.

Now if I had my grandson with me, he would have made too much noise and I would not have got this fawn sighting. But, I also wish he was with me so he could have seen this precious little guy. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment