Monday, July 25, 2016

Sly Kit


When I make my rounds looking for a picture worth taking, I sometime need to stand very still and wait. I find that works well when a curious kit wants to act sly and sneak up to see me.

There were just two kits in the litter. I had to be sly myself to sneak around the fence and bushes to get into a good spot to watch them as they played. The mother heard me and made a quick retreat into the bushes along with the two kits.

So, I waited. Before too long one of the kit peeked his head out to see where I was. He became brave enough to leave the safety of the bush. He kept his head low to the ground staring through the tall grass. So. I continue to wait.

Finally, this sly little fox came into full view and I got my shot. Of course, with the movement of my camera, he darted right back into the bush.

I kept going back for many weeks. But, I never saw the fox family again, That is just fine with me. I got my picture of this sly kit and I could not be happier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment