Friday, July 29, 2016

Dragonfly Season


It seems to be dragonfly season. Every where I go, these flying wonders are there. Some are so tiny, that I only see them when they move from one plant to another. They also seem to come in every color imaginable.

These past few hot days, it has been easier to spot the dragonflies and damselfly. They love to land on a tree limb and stick there hind end up in the air. This is called, abelisking. It is a way for them to cool off by reducing the exposure to the sun. If I thought it would work for me, I would stick my butt that way also,

Since I know that sticking my backside up in the air would look kind of rediculous, I will stick to going into an air-conditon building to cool off.

Just like a butterfly, they do not live long. So, I will try my best to catch them while they are still in dragonfly season. It will be interesting to see how many different kinds I can find.


No comments:

Post a Comment