Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green Thumb


Today is Saint Patrick's Day. It is a day we see everyone wearing green. I wore a green shirt under my work shirt to partake of this tradition. Today makes me think about a different kind of green. The green thumb.
I envy anyone who has a green thumb. It amazes me when I see lush green lawns, beautiful flower gardens and over flowing vegetable gardens. My lawn has more brown spots than green. I have never succeeded in keeping any flowers alive. Don't even ask me to try my hand growing any vegetable. We would all starve.
It is good to know that God has given these talents to others. I rely on the farmers, planters and florist folks to provide me with all I need. I ask God to bless those who serve Him with a bountiful harvest. And I thank them all for their hard works. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment