Friday, March 30, 2012

A Snail Pace

I didn't have to rush to get this picture. Not when the subject is going at a snail pace. Of course it helps that the subject is a snail.
There are days that I feel like I am moving at a snail pace. Age is not on my side and my joints feel the pain. Trying to keep up with the younger set has me moving so slow that I think a snail might be able to beat me in a race.
All joking aside. Sometime we need to slow down and take in the wonders of God's works. When we slow down we are able to hear God calling us. It might be just to spend time in His presence. Maybe we can hear Him telling us to spend time with a sick friend or give of ourselves to a new direction in our mission fields. What ever it is we can only know when we slow down enough to listen.
What is God calling you to do today? Are you willing to slow down to a snail pace to hear? I know I am willing to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment