Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Focus Turkey

As we focus on the turkeys that will adorn the dinner tables this Thanksgiving I can only remember the many turkeys that I have cooked through out the years.
I have tried many different ways to cook the turkeys. Last year I cooked it upside down. It was supposed to make the turkey more moist. I can say it did, but the turkey fell apart and was difficult to carve after I turn it over.
So much focus is on the turkey. What size or brand? Should it be frozen of fresh? Will it be stuffed or not?
This year I will just cook it the old fashion way. A little bit of salt and pepper to season the buttered turkey and home made bread stuffing inside.
I want my focus to be on the blessings of this season. I am thankful to be with family and friends. My prayer this Thanksgiving for everyone is to have a safe and joyous time. May God bless you with a bountiful feast. He is the reason I celebrate and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment