Friday, November 30, 2012

The Grinch

We have all heard the story about the Grinch. It touches the hearts of many children. It is a timeless story about a changed heart.
Each year the Kennedy Krieger's Institute puts on the Festival of Trees. It is a way to reach the hearts of many to support the on going effort of Kennedy goal to meet the needs of the special children who attend. Since my grandson is one of those special children I get to go each year with my daughter and grandson to enjoy the many displays.
Not only do they displays the many decorated trees they also show off the many ginger bread houses.
All the trees and houses are enter to win ribbons and are sold to raise money for the institute. There is a section for the children to explore and enjoy the rides, games and have their picture with Santa. Through out the weekend there is also several entertainments going on at the center stage.
If you are incline there are many booths with things to buy your love ones for Christmas.
I hope one year you get to go. I love it and plan on going every year. I don't want to be like the Grinch and take away anything from Christmas except a changed heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment