Thursday, February 7, 2013

It Was Huge!

It was huge. I had heard that the Pileated Woodpecker was one of the biggest woodpecker around. I just was not prepare to see just how big it was.

Today I went to walk at my favorite stomping ground to check on the local wildlife. As I was getting the peanuts out of my pocket to feed Stumpy the squirrel this huge bird flew into the tree right in front of me.

I was taken aback by the shear size of the woodpecker that I almost forgot that I had my camera. I was able to get one shot out before it flew away.

Never in my dreams did I think that I would see this bird in my neck of the woods. Once again God has blessed me with this rare sighting.

God delights in giving His children the desire of their hearts. Sometime the blessing are small. Other times they are huge. Just like this Pileated Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment