Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lesser Scaup

The other day I went early to work just so that I could stop by the Bel Air pond. I saw my usual Canada Geese, Snow Geese, Mallard Ducks, Gulls and a few Ring-necked Duck. But I notice one of the ring-necked duck looked a little different.

I took lots of pictures and when I got home I looked it up. It was a Lesser Scaup. I expected to see one of these at the boardwalk in HDG out in the opened waters. But to see one in a pond in the middle of town was a surprise to me.

The lesser scaup is a winter bird just like the ring-necked duck. Acts just like the ring-necked duck diving for food at the bottom of the pond. But he is not a ring-necked duck.

It is funny how sometime I act like something I am not just to fit in. I am who God created me to be. I can stand out alone and still be part of God's family. I can be a lesser scaup and be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment