Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Odd Couple

Just the other day I went by a pond close to my home to see if I could get a picture of a black Canada Goose that I saw days earlier. He wasn't there.

As I pulled close to the fence the ducks and geese that were there came running to the car. I guess they thought that I had some food for them. I did have a biscuit in my car and broke it up to give them.

To my surprise a wooden duck showed up in the mix. Of course I grabbed my camera and started snapping away. As the duck scrambled to get the bread I noticed that the wood duck and the mallard duck stayed close together. In fact the wood duck became very protective of the mallard.

I thought what an odd couple. They did not leave each other side the whole time. Now my curiosity has peaked. Will this odd couple have babies together? Better yet can they have babies together? Only time will tell.

So in the meantime I will keep an eye for them and any other odd couples I will come across in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment