Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Saddleback Caterpillar

Yesterday my lens on the camera came apart while trying to get a good clear picture of this caterpillar. So the results was this picture.

At the time of taking a picture I did not know what this was. While at work a friend stopped in with her son who just happen to know a little about caterpillar. He pulled it up on his smart phone within minutes and told me that it is called a saddleback caterpillar.

The next thing I learned was that this colorful caterpillar turns into the ugliest brown moth. It can sting as well. I am glad I did not touch it.

Today I went back to the place I spotted it. I could not find it. But in the process of searching I did discover many other bugs. Bugs are interesting when you take the time to seek them out. So I will keep looking.

Who knows I might discover a new bug or at least get a better shot of a saddleback caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment