Sunday, March 8, 2020

Gold Eyes


Several months back, my husband and I decided to check out the eagles at the Conowingo Dam. They were there with the black vultures, double-crested cormorants and the gulls. Then, we saw three smaller duck like birds with gold eyes swimming around.

This is not the first time that I have seen the common goldeneye. But, this is the first time that I have seen them at the dam. They seem to be three immature males. They all had the round white spot by the bills.

You never know what you might see there. Once, I caught a peregrine falcon with a red-bellied woodpecker in his mouth flying across the dam. I did not get a good picture though.


There does not seems to be many different birds around like my other stopping spots. But, this is the best place to captures the bald eagles. If you look close enough, he seems to have golden eyes as well.

The nice surprise for this outing was the birds with the gold eyes. I do not get to see them often. But, when I do, it is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment