Thursday, March 5, 2020

Three Wilson's Snipes


After along day at work, a long wait at the clinic and a long drive home, I had to stop by the marsh. I have seen the Wilson's snipes several weeks ago. I have not seen them for awhile. As I was looking for any signs near the muddy areas, I notice something move. There he was one Wilson's Snipe.


I was excited at the fact that he was hiding near the edge of the marsh close to the road. Finally, I got my chance to get a good clear picture. What I was not expecting was, that within a few feet of the first snipe, stood a second one.


Than, my eyes caught a third snipe only a few inches ahead of the second one. This is what I have been waiting for for years. I just love how God is giving me the desires of my heart in seeing rare birds in my favorite places.

It sure does pay that I do take the time to drive by the marsh everyday. I would missed out of getting three Wilson's Snipes if I had decided not to stop today.

No comments:

Post a Comment