Tuesday, March 17, 2020

It Became Real




















Today, it became real to me. I had to go on base to the clinic due to allergies needs. I usually just park my car and walk in. Not today. The parking lot was roped off and I was asked to follow the arrows to the screening spots. There they screen you, asking several questions.
















Have you been out of the country? Are you running a fever. Have you been in contact with anyone who has the virus? These were just a few of the question that was asked. Once you received the okay, you were given a ticket and allowed to go into the clinic.















Once inside, the same questions were asked again and again. First, at the reception's desk  Second, in the doctor's office. Because, I had to get a blood test (due to my thyroid issue, not because of the covid-19 virus), the third time was there.














Going to the commissary was an adventure as well. Because of the number of people in the same area restrictions, I had to stand in line. The military police was there to enforce letting only eight people at a time in the store. One good thing though, it was easier to shop and there was milk and toilet paper.

It became real to me today. Up to this point, it was what I was reading and seeing in the news that kept me up to date. Now, that I have felt just the start of the new norm, I need to take it more seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Very sad situation for all, the "new norm". Take care Mrs Dawn❤️

    ReplyDelete