Saturday, June 9, 2012

At the Feet of a Duck

How many ducklings does this mother mallard have at her feet? Eleven. She really has her hands full keeping track and protecting close to a dozen babies.
I only had three children and there was not enough of me to go around when they were little.
The one thing I did notice was the ducklings did not stray too far from the mother. They knew where their protection came from. I watched her peck at a goose that got too close and chase away a male duck. No one was hurting her babies.
What can we learn form these ducklings? We need to stay close to the one who protects us. Jesus will take care of the danger we face each day. When Satan gets too close Jesus will chase him away. When we stay at the feet of Jesus we can rest in His love for us. I can not think of a better place to be.

Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment