Friday, June 15, 2012

The Snake's Den

It was feeding time at the nature center. They gave the rat snake and the corn snake each a little white mouse. The rat snake went right for the attack. Within minutes the mouse was swallowed whole by the rat snake.
Now the mouse that was put in with the corn snake got to live for another day. The corn snake just was not interested. The two even touch nose to nose but the snake did not make any attempt to eat the mouse.
It kind of reminded me about the story of Daniel in the lion's den. The lions just were not interested in devouring Daniel. I think the mouse had God on his side this day.
Each day as we face our lions and snakes, we can rest in the fact that God is in control. We need not fear what lays before us. We just need to let God help us through the trials and tribulations we face.
I want to be like the mouse in the snake's den. I want to live another day in the care of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment