Monday, June 25, 2012

Raccoon Surprise

Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner of the path and there was this baby raccoon walking there. The scary part was that the raccoon was not afraid. He actually started to come towards me. The squirrel close by was afraid and ran up a tree chattering the whole way.
Was this raccoon sick? Had he gotten use to people because of handouts. I was not too sure what was wrong but I knew I had to keep my distant even if he was the cutest critter I have seen.
One thing that I am learning as I try to get some great shots is that I need to respect nature. When I mess with God's plans for nature I may harm it in some way. I try not to get too close or cause too much stress when I see something worth trying to get a picture of. I want to leave things the way I find them.
I hope that this baby raccoon is okay. Maybe he was just checking me out as much as I was checking him out. I hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment