Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ready to Take Flight

This Red-winged Blackbird looks as those it was getting ready to take flight. But he was just fluffing his feathers. He was actually displaying for the other blackbirds nearby.
Sometime we seem to be ready to take flight on some new adventure but in reality we are just fluffing our own feathers. We are afraid to take the next steps and just take off.
If we would just trust that God will lift us up to soar among the clouds, we would not fear what the future holds.
There are times that I get paralyzed by the uncertainties of what would happen if I just take flight. I want to keep my feet on solid ground. Then God takes my hands and leads me up and out into the world with His guidance. I am thankful that I belong to a loving patient Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment