Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Food Makes Me Happy

Food makes me happy. How about you? Sometime I can't get enough of it. I consume all that I can find. Than I pay the price.
I swear that I will do better the next time and fail again. It is not fair that they make the foods that is not good for you look so delightful. With all the dressings they put on food it is no wonder I can't fit in my dresses.
So what is a person to do to eat healthy? Well you take it one day at a time. Resolve with the help of God to put the bad habits behind you. Take steps to eat the foods that are low in fats and sugar. Find the foods that is high in fiber and nutrients. Sounds easy right?
For me it is harder then it sounds. Food is a source of comfort. It calms me down when I am nervous. So I have to keep it out of my sight. I have to focus my mind on God to keep it off of food.
Is it working? Yes. I am slowly enjoying eating the right foods. When I get nervous I pray first. This way I can receive the strength to say no to unhealthy eating. In time food will have no control over me. In time God will.

No comments:

Post a Comment