Sunday, April 28, 2013

Duck Box

The other day I let my curiosity get the best of me and open a nest box to see what was inside. I had not seen any bird flying in or out so I thought it was empty. Out flew a duck and almost knocked me to the ground and flew away.

I felt bad. Since I had already did the damage, I went against my nature to keep a good distant from nesting birds and took the picture of the eggs in a nest. I did not sleep well. I kept thinking about about the duck all night.

Will she come back to the nest? Is she going to be too afraid? I can only hope I did not do unrepairable damage.

How many times in life do we wish we can take back the wrongs we do? We wonder if the damage can ever be repaired.

We have hope. We can pray to a loving God who can repair our mistakes and blunders. So tonight I am praying the the duck is resting on her eggs. This girl has learned her lesson. No more opening boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment