Thursday, April 11, 2013

Metal Detector

As I watch this young man search the grounds with his metal detector I couldn't help but wonder what kind of treasures he would find. So I went up and asked.

He was willing to let me take his picture and wait to see what he might find. My thoughts went wild. I imagine all kinds of treasures. Maybe he would find a rare coin, an expensive ring or even a piece of a meteorite.

The metal detector went off. Out came his tool to dig up the spot. There in his hand was something metal. It was too muddy to see what it was. So he rubbed it clean and presented it to me for inspection.

It was a pull tab from an old soda can. It was not any treasure at all.
 Life is like that sometimes. We go out in search of treasures only to find pull tabs.
But if we don't try than we will never find the treasures that God has for us.

I hope that each day we can all treat it as a treasure hunt. And when we find the pull tabs we just laugh and continue the hunt. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment