Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wrong Identification

Wrong identification. When I took this picture I thought that these ducks were mergansers. But after checking them out in the big bird book (And I am talking big. This book has every bird listed in the United state along with pictures) I realize that I was wrong. 

These ducks are buffleheads. They are another duck that are in the area during the winter months. But at first glance I mistaken them for the hooded mergansers. I even told a guy who ask what I was taking pictures of that they were merganser.  

How easy it is for me to make the wrong identification. I can be quick to judge and slow to learn. It is when I take the time to research the answers that I can learn from my mistakes and make the needed corrections like putting the right names to the right ducks.

Like the big bird book the Bible helps to identify the needed changes in my life. When I take the time to read the Bible I am less likely to make mistakes. No more wrong identifications.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment