Saturday, April 13, 2013

It Was Time To Soar

Today was the kite festival in Bel Air. So I got the kite that Arthur had and set off to join in the fun. But Arthur did not want to use the Elmo kite. It was a baby kite. He was too old for it.

Upon entering the park we discover that they were giving out kites for free. Arthur pick a purple one and we flew a kite for the first time.

I decide to go back to the house and get my elephant kite. A dear friend bought it for me years ago. I did not have the heart to take out of the package because I did not want to ruin it. But something told me today was the day that it was time for it to soar. And soar it did.

Many times in life I try to hold onto things or a love one that was intended to soar. I have been afraid to let it go because I was afraid that a love one would get hurt or that I would lose the thing that was important to me. But God had to remind me that He intended them to soar and that I was just in the way.

So today I got out of the way and let my kite soar.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I love this Dawn.. If you want to follow on my page feel free.

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete