Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Hopeful Future


Yesterday, sitting by the marsh, I watched the swans flying around. As they landed, they went about doing the mating ritual. This gives me the hope that I will get to see new life in this marsh. Several years ago, I got to see the mute swan with their babies. So, this will be a new set of swan babies.

After that, I went to Swan Harbor Farm. There I ran into my old boss from Toys R Us who is a true birder. When I told him about the swans activity, he was quite excited about it. It turns out that if they do have babies this year, it will be the first recording of it in Harford County.


While taking, he pointed out a small brown spot near  the water. There sitting in the grass was a Wilson's Snipe. I am glad that my camera got me closer. These guys makes my day each time I see one.

I love birding. With spring in full bloom, there is hope for the future. There are nest everywhere. The birds are going through the mating rituals. Now, it just a waiting game.

Everyday is a waiting game these days. But I know that there is a hopeful future for us all. As the birds goes on with their life, we must go on with ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment