Sunday, April 19, 2020

Got Stick


I watched as the great blue heron flew past me to the shore line. I knew if I waited long enough, that I would get him pulling something out of the water. What he pulled out was not what I expected. He got a stick.


The heron continue to pick out different sticks. I guess he was trying to find the right one for the new home that he was making. After all, it is spring. The time of year that birds of all sizes are getting ready to the new babies.


As I started to walk away, there on the walkway, I watched as this pair of cardinals courted each other. I knew that they were getting ready for their own family as well. Soon, they would be collecting sticks fo their own.


The heron got his stick. Now he will carry it to the new home. Soon, he will start a new family and the cycle of life will go on. Life does go on. I need to get my stick and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment