Friday, April 17, 2020

Fish Fight


I went out in search of action from the birds. I gto it in the last stop of the day. It was a fish fight between a sea gull and the coot.

My first stop was the marsh. It was pretty dull there. I went on base to get some shopping done. Than, I headed to Swan Harbor Farm. As I got half way down the road, I got to see the lesser yellowlegs and the Wilson snipe. Before I could head to the parking area, a convoy of workers trucks come roaring in and scared off the birds.

This turned out to be a good thing. So, I headed to the boardwalk in Harve de Grace. Just as I get there, I got to see the coot catch a fish. I was not the only who saw action.


Out of the blue, a gull came in for the kill. The chase began. Would the coot hang onto the fish, or would the gull snatch it from his mouth. The fish fight was on.

The coot won. He just was too fast for the gull. The spoil went to the victor. With the coot last gulp of the fish, I went on my way to see what else I could find. The boardwalk was alive with many more birds.


All in all, it turned out to be a good day to witness a fish fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment