Saturday, April 25, 2020

A New Sighting


It was a great day to go birding. The sun was shining and tempature was just right. My husband and I went to our new favorite place, Swan Harbor Farm. As we slowly drove down the road into the farm, we stopped by the one spot where I have seen the yellowlegs and the snipe. But, today there was a new sighting.

Try as I might, I could not get a good picture of the unusual ducks and they flew away. They were with a few mallards and I coud see they were much smaller. We parked our car and walked around.

It was not until we decided to go to the marshy area, that we got our second chance to get these new ducks. They were still with the mallards. I got my camera ready and steady, than got the shot that I was after.

I still had no idea what kind of ducks these were. I was so glad that I had one of my bird books in the car. There, I discovered that we had gotten out first pictures of a blue-winged teal. I could not wait to get home and get the pictures on my computer.

Today was a great day for a new sighting. I love the way God lets me see his beauty each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment