Thursday, January 3, 2013

No Place Like Home

There is no place like home for the holidays. After all the visitations, gift giving and devouring plate after plate of food you look forward to getting home, putting up you feet and passing out from exhaustion.

While it was fun enjoying the family gatherings and the many parties it is a blessing to just drop on the couch and drink in the memories of another year.

Home is a place you can let your hair down, strip off your dressed-up clothes and throw on your old rags. It is a place you can relax and be yourself. No one is watching. Except for God of course.

This home is only temporary. The home I am looking forward to is the home God has set up for me in heaven. Now there is a place I can really be myself. But until than I will make do with the one here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment