Sunday, January 6, 2013

Today's Bird Lesson

Today I got to give a bird lesson. While I was walking at the Mariner in Joppatowne I notice a family trying to encourage some chickadees to eat some pieces of pizza that they had put on a post. Of course I had to ask if they were seeing many other birds. "No" was their reply.

So I grabbed a handful of bird seeds out of my pocket along with some peanut and put them on the same post. Before too long some titmouse and nuthatches along with the chickadees came by to get their share of the food. The young family thought that was so cool and soon other passers by stop to watch the birds. More birds soon arrived and more people with cameras showed up. I was giving a bird lesson to an audience. That was fun.

These past few years I have come to know the birds well. They seem to follow me each time I come to take pictures. Of course I have my following of squirrels as well. So I always make sure my pocket is full and my camera is ready. Who knows what young minds will want a lesson about the birds of Joppatowne.


No comments:

Post a Comment