Friday, April 27, 2012

Elephant Head Flowers


For years I have been searching for a flower that looked like elephant heads. I kept looking at different pictures in books and magazines so that I could put them into my memories. I did this so that it would be easy to identify them while I was on vacation and walking the many trails. But to no avail they were not to be found.
It wasn't until we went to Canada this past summer with my cousins that the discovery was made by my cousin. The shocking thing was that they were so tiny. I was looking for a plant that was so much bigger. The problem with all the pictures that I was using was that is did not show the actual size of the plant. They were enlarged so that you could see the detail.
There are many times in my life that I get the pictures wrong. I rely on what I see in books, magazines and other sources instead of going to the real thing.
It is so easy for me to do this with God as well. When I rely on everything else instead of God I get the picture all wrong. Thankfully God shows me the real thing and my search is over. Just like finally seeing the elephant head flowers up close I can see the details of God's plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment