Thursday, April 12, 2012

Squirrel's Nest

I sat and watched this squirrel wrestle with the branch that you see in her mouth for several minutes. The branch started out about the size of an yardstick. She could not get it through the maze of branches because she kept getting stuck. So she chewed the branch in half.
With that she was able to get a little farther but the branch was still too big. So she chewed that in half.
Once again she was able to make it through a few branches but encounter more difficulties. So she cut that branch in half again. Than she was able to make it to her nest. But that last few feet was a struggle for her as she jumped over the last obstacle.
There was a lesson for me here. I face so many obstacles in life that I can get overwhelmed. But if I take the time to break these into smaller pieces I find that I can manage them. With the help of God I can pick the problems of life trials and put them in their proper places. My squirrel's nest might look a mess but everything will be where God wants it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment