Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Mouth Full of Pride

It looks like this gull had a mouth full. He seem to be having a hard time swallowing his food. It was almost unbearable to watch as he twisted his neck to force the food down.
There are many times that I try to shove down more than I can chew. No matter how much I twist myself it just won't go down.
I am too proud to spit it back up. So I suffer.
When I do find myself gasping for air I know that I can turn to God to help me swallow my pride. This is one of the hardest things that I have to do.
It is easy for me to be prideful. I go around bragging about my accomplishments to anyone who I think will pat me on my back. I do this to boost my low self esteem.
But pride always come before a fall. So I always end up choking on my pride.
So today I am taking stock of my pride and putting it into it's place so that I can breath again. I want to be humble before God not prideful.

No comments:

Post a Comment