Thursday, January 17, 2019

Foxy Mom


Every year, outside a friend,s home lives a family of foxes. Each year the couple family grows. My friends lets me know when he see the foxes at the den during the early spring.months. So, I camp out next to the road each day hoping to see the kits as they make their exit outside the den.

This one day, I hit the jackpot. The kits had grown too big to be able to feed off the foxy mom. The mother has to sit outside the den. One by one each little guy popped their head out of the hole and made their way to their mom.

The fox knew that I was there. Throughout the whole feeding time she kept her eyes on me. As long as I stayed in the car, she was alright with me being there.

This spring, I will be camping out. I will be glad to get more pictures of this foxy mom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment