Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Happy Sappy Kinglet


After the yellow-bellied sapsucker finish his rounds on the tree, there are always a group of  on-lookers waiting to get into the act. As the sap oozes from the holes on this tree, a kinglet flies in to get his fill of the sweet treat.

The interactions of the creatures always entertains and educates me. It kinds of shows me how God intended all of His creations to be dependent on each other. Our actions can help or hurt though around us.

Thinking about my actions, I need to examine the reasons I do the things I do. Are my motives to helps others? When I leave a place, are the people who come after get their fill of the rewards of my efforts? I can only hope that is the case.

Watching this kinglet enjoy the sap on the tree, I can not help but think about the good that came out of the sapsucker work. This is one happy sappy kinglet.

No comments:

Post a Comment