Thursday, January 3, 2019

Heron Catch


There is one location at the Mariner where I can count on seeing the great blue heron. Earlier in the week, as I took the path to this location, I was not disappointed. There he was and I could tell he was on the hunt.

Many times, I have seen herons catch fishes of all size and  species. Some of the fishes were so big, that I was in awe as they swallowed them whole. One time, I watched in amusement as one tried to swallow a fresh water eel. That eel put up a good fight.

With in a few minutes of spotting this heron, he made his move. I got my camera ready and waited. Before I could make another move, he hit the water so fast, that I almost missed the shot.


I expected to see a nice size fish. This fish was so tiny. It seemed hardly worth his time. This heron catch was just a small morsel. I am sure after I left, he caught the big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment