Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hawk Week


I am always on the look out for hawks in the trees as I travel to the many places through out my day. This past week, I have not been disappointed. This kestrel was the prized of the week. He was spotted at Swan Harbor Farm.


Just on the APG grounds coming back from the clinic, I had to pull over to catch this hawk. Now, I know that you are not allowed to take pictures on base. This was a opportunity I could not pass up. He was just begging to get his picture taken.


From there, I stopped at a fast food place and came a cross this red-shouldered hawk hanging out. As I enjoyed my food, I also enjoyed watching him perched in the tree. I wondered what else I would see this week.


I was not disappointed as I walk at the Mariner. Trying his best to get a meal, I got this cooper flying from tree to tree chasing what caught his eye. Of course, he did not succeed. He was not the only hawk there looking for his next meal.


This hawk was hiding in the trees close to the ground. I would have missed him, if it wasn't for a few other birders pointing him out. Later, a hawk fly right past my head. It seemed that I interrupted his chance at getting a dove that was on the ground feeding on some seeds.

Just the other day, I saw five hawks through out my travels. It has been a good week for hawks of all kinds. It was my hawk week.

No comments:

Post a Comment