Friday, January 18, 2019

Helen's Tree


After work, I went to Helen's home to take down her Christmas tree. She is in her 90's. For the past several years, I get the honor to decorate her tree. She sits on the couch, hands the decorations to me and directs me to where the ornaments should go.

There has been many years when she does the same things at another friend's home who happen to be in her 80s. There is  a group of us who goes there to set JoAnn's tree. After we are done, we have lunch and I usually head off to work.

Carol, another friend, also has me come over to trim her tree. She is in her 70's. She always comes up with a different theme each year.

This year, I was only able to do Helen's tree. Of course, I did my own tree. Yet, Helen's tree was more enjoyable, because of the fellowship with such a special lady. Hopefully, next year, I will get to do every one's tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment