Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Noisy Wren


Walking around the park, I try to identify the many birds that call the Mariner their home. There are a few that I can name just by the sound they make. The Carolina wren is one that I can name a mile away. They are one of the noisiest critter there.

The one in this picture was in a game of chase with two other wrens. In the process of flying from tree to tree, they were chattering to each other. I love the different vocals sounds.

As soon as I put out the peanuts and seeds on the fence post, they were fighting for the right to get the first piece. One even tried to take a peanut right out from my fingers. I am use tot he chickadees getting close and personal with me, but not the wrens.

It was a good day for me and my noisy wrens.

No comments:

Post a Comment