Thursday, January 31, 2019

A Nuthatch Treat


Today, I was treated to a rare sighting of a red-breasted nuthatch. A friend who enjoys watching birds as much as I do, allowed me to come by today to see the red-breasted nuthatches that has been staying in her back yard.

She has befriended these precious birds by feeding them mealworms. The one in her hand will come to her sliding glass door and bang against it to get her to come out. It was so cool to see.

After a few time landing on her hand, she gave me some of the worms and I got to feed him. what a treat that was. The nuthatch got his treat and I got to have mine.

I hope to go again soon before they leave to their next destination. This was a rare treat that I will remember for a long time. Thank you friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment