Saturday, January 5, 2019

One For The Road


As I enter the park, before I can get to far, they come out of the wood works. One by one, they follow me. I know what they are after. The pouch I wear around my waist is full of peanuts and bird seeds. It is not the seeds that they want. It is the peanuts.

The squirrels are use to being fed by the many nature lovers who visit here everyday. They are not afraid to run right up to your legs and beg for their share. they can get a little bit greedy. One peanut is not enough. Many stuff two into their mouth. It is as if they were saying that they are taking one for the road.

I so enjoy watching as they try their best to get a third peanut into their mouths. They never succeed, but, that does not keep them from trying their best. If only they could fill their cheeks like chipmunks.


This past June, I was filled with excitement as I watched this chipmunk do just that. This little fellow could not put anymore in his mouth.

One for the road. Yes, I can always take one more pictures for the road. As long as God's creatures are willing to take their fill of the morsels, I will bring along peanuts with me for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment