Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blend In

Do you see the butterfly/moth in this picture? ( I am not really sure which one it really is.) It has landed on the leaf and blended in the leaf. If I hadn't see it land I would have never spotted it.
Sometime we just want to blend into our surroundings. We want to hide in plain sight. We are afraid if someone noticed us we might have to do something we are not ready for. It might be a promotion, more responsibilities or a move to a new location. Whatever it is we should not be afraid.
I sometime find it difficult to share my life with anyone. I am afraid that they will want more from me. Yet I long to be notice until I realize I have to take the next step. What will people think about me.
One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to hide from God. I want Him to know me in and out. When God takes a closer look at me I want Him to be pleased with what He sees.
Just like the butterfly/moth on this leaf, when you take a closer look, you see the beauty that God has created in it. I want God's beauty to shine from me. Do you see it? Or am I blending in too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment