Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eye of The Beholder



What do you see? Kind of looks like an eye, doesn't it? If you turn your head sideward and to the right or the left can you see it now? You might just have to pick up the computer and turn it sideward to see it.


It is all in the eye of the beholder. Of course my eyes see just about anything in nature. I love that God allows me to see things differently. I look at people now and try to see beyond the surface. Is that person in need of a listening ear? Does that person need a friend? How can I be of service to God in dealing with the people in my life?


Sometime it is hard not to judge what I think is happening or see when I encounter a person out in the street. I will be the first to admit my short coming in that area. Than God taps my on my shoulder and whispers in my ear. "See this person through my eyes." How can I have anything but compassion for this person.


What do people see when they look at me? I can only hope it is a compassionate person who tries to give them respect and friendship. That I am a person who takes the time to listen, hear and responds to their needs even in the little things in life.


My question for the day. What can God show us today through His eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment