Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Giants in Our Life

Sometime we have to face many giants in our lives. We can choose to ignore, evade or face them head-on.
Take the sparrow in this picture. I sat in awe as I watched the sparrow dive bomb the osprey in the head time after time. It was plain to see that the sparrow was protecting it's nest. It was not afraid to take on the giant osprey head-on, pardon the pun.
But there are times we need to take a step back from the giants. We try to defeat them in our own power instead of allowing God to give us the strength to defeat them.
Sometime the task seems beyond our ability to conquer it. The bills, work load and family demands towers over us and beats us to the ground. The giants will only be defeated when we give them over to God.
Today I am going to aim for the head of my giant. Just like David did in the bible. With the help of God my giant is going down.

1 comment: